Thursday, May 30, 2013

Scrimping Savagely on a Thursday




What comes to your mind when someone says, “Live simple”?  
The first image that pops into my head is a monastery in some isolated mountain range.  It is surrounded by green foliage and has about a millions steps that you have to climb to get there.
As you know I have been trying to adopt a more frugal lifestyle and it is hard.  I am one to expect 100% success from the beginning and this is not falling into that preconceived concept. 

Not at all.


I have noticed that I have been living in a “need” mode for a very, very long time.  Recently my husband came to me and told me that he wanted this camper.  He began talking about how he could add it to an existing loan or sell his car.  

For a millisecond I was on board and then I thought, “WTH Amy?!  There is no way you can afford this.  NO FRICKIN WAY!”  

We have way too many payments and are still getting caught up on bills that fell by the wayside when we were laid off.  The responsible thing to do is set aside money until we have an amount that will buy a reasonably priced camper.  While setting this money aside we need to work on paying off the loans and getting caught up on bills. 

This sucks.  
Like majorly.  
It sucks because I want it now.  My brain tells me I NEED IT NOW!

What has happened that I feel this way?  Was I raised this way and if I was just think about what I am doing to my kids.  It has to stop.  It has to.  I can shop frugally all day long but if I am not changing the big things then I am doing it all for nothing.  It has to be a packaged deal or it’s worthless.

So now it’s time to start applying a few other frugal habits to my life.  Time to suck it up and play hardball.

Man being a grownup really stinks.



Check out this title.  She has a lot of good information.


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, thanks for stopping by the Tattler Thursday blog hop today! Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Dropping in from the Tattler Thursday Hop! Thanks for hopping yesterday! Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete