Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's Summertime and That Means Carnivals!


The smell of popcorn, cotton candy, screams of joy, and caramel apples fills the air and you know it is finally summertime.  I remember how magical summer was when I was a kid.  The lazy days of playing outside, laying under the tree watching the clouds... those were wonderful days.  I remember watching the thermometer like a hawk, counting the degrees until it hit 70.  

You see 70 was the magical number.  

Once it hit 70 my brother and I could play in the water.  I don't know why Mom picked 70 but I didn't argue.  We would fill up our little red wagon and be transported to the largest swimming pool you have ever seen.  We had water slides, diving boards, and sharks.

Yes, sharks.  We were awesome like that.

Scott and I took the kids to the carnival a couple of weekends ago and it was fun to see them so excited.  From 16 down to 7 the excitement was overflowing and they could hardly wait to get their wristband.  Austin isn't one to take a lot of chances and he was hesitant to ride some rides.  I was very proud of him though.  He rode a ride that went high and he had his eyes closed during the ride.  He got off and said, "Mom I had my eyes closed the entire time."  I told him well that's ok, he got on and that is a big deal. 

Well we were standing in line for another ride and he looked at Michael and said, "Would you ride that with me again?  I want to ride it with my eyes open."  Some may say that he is a baby because he isn't "into" riding the rides but I think he showed a lot of courage and determination and I am proud of him.  

The other kids had no problem riding the rides, even Tyeler.  This scares the crap out of me! We ended the night with Brittney on the brink of vomiting.  

A kid feeling nauseous leaving the carnival, that makes the night a win!  





No comments:

Post a Comment