Thursday, March 7, 2013

I bet you thought I forgot!

Hey YOU GUYS!  I bet you thought that I forgot a couple of munkeys!  Although that is a relative easy thing to do (6 kids in a crowded store = controlled chaos if you are lucky), I have not!  Score some serious mom points for me! 

Anyway...





Today I am going to talk about Michael.  Where should I start... hmm...
Michael is a Junior in high school this year and is pretty active.  He plays football, wrestles, and runs track but he digs football and track the most.  Michael is that quiet kid who just sits back and watches people.  You know, not anti social but watchful.  He likes the ladies and has a hard time picking just one.  I keep teasing him that eventually he will run out of girls to date at school.  (we live in a small town)

This kid never asks for anything.  NEVER!  We bought the older boys new laptops this summer but they had to pay us back.  Michael paid us back EARLY!  These are awesome skills to have!  Skills I wish I had when I was a teenager.  He uses this flip phone that is hanging on by shear luck and buys his own minutes for it.  I mean this phone in such bad shape I am afraid it will electrocute him one day.  It doesn't even flip anymore, it just flops.

He recently went to town to try to buy some new running shoes and new spikes.  He came home empty handed because there is no way he can afford to buy them on a minimum wage, part time job.  He has never once asked for us to buy them.  For football season he was going to wear cleats that were nearly to the duct tape stage!  Scott and I were out one day and decided to buy the kid some cleats.  (Luckily through my superior shopping skills, AKA: Luck, we found a great pair for a good price)  We got lucky again with the spikes because we found PUMA spikes for next to nothing!  I told Michael, "You don't have to pay me back."  He asked, "Why not?"  I said, "Because I said so!" He just looked at me, shook his head, and said, "OK..."   




He wants to be a Marine.  I have mixed feelings about that... It's awesome that he wants to volunteer to help keep us safe so that we can do what we do but PEOPLE WILL SHOOT AT HIM!  Scott is an ex-Marine and I am pretty sure that is why Michael wants to do it.  I think Michael would make a great solider but PEOPLE WILL SHOOT AT HIM! 
Ultimately it is his decision because it is his future.

PEOPLE WILL SHOOT AT HIM!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment