Friday, March 22, 2013

Easy button? WHERE ARE YOU?

This has been a very trying week.  My daughter is having a difficult time adjusting to being a part of two different households.  This reminded me that sometimes...

Life is...




You see, her dad and I are divorced.  We were married for 19 years, so all of her little life Tyeler and her brother have had one mom and one dad.  My heart breaks because they are having to live a life like that. 

One that isn't the stereotypical  "American Dream".

So Tyeler went from having one dad, one mom, and one brother to: 

2 dads
2 moms
6 brothers
2 sisters

I can see where that is overwhelming for a little person.  To be honest, sometimes it is overwhelming for this big person.  Balancing life has become much more trying and difficult and I can only imagine what she is feeling.  I have always encouraged my kids to be open and honest about what they are feeling.  I try to encourage her to talk but I am not sure that she knows how to put it into words.    

Yesterday was a break down day.  I cried all day long.  Thinking about it now makes the lump rise in my throat.  My baby girl is confused and I am not sure how to help her.  The stresses of daily life and the constant balancing act is consuming us both and I do not know how to ease our fears.  I do not have any concrete "yes or no" answers.  All I can do now is be the mother that I have always been to her and show her that through change comes wonderful possibilities.


I love her so much.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment