Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter to all and what not

Today I have been thinking a lot about my relationship with God.  It's ups, it's downs, and it's roundy rounds.  I can't understand that depth of the love that is given to me each and every day.  It is unquestioning and honest.  If the person that I loved ignored me, turned away from me, and did not listen to a thing that I whispered to them I know that I could not continue to love them.  My self preservation would not allow me to continue to put my heart out there.  I am so very thankful for second, third, and fourth chances because I am a total screw up sometimes but God already knows that.    

Now let me pop in this little disclaimer:  Everyone has their own beliefs and I am not here to convince anyone.  I believe that everyone has a right to their own decisions.  I don't care who, what, or if you worship and I don't care who you love.  Everyone has the right to be happy and how you get there is your business.  I am in no way high enough on the food chain to judge and know that I have a closet full of skeletons that need to stay right where they are.  Tucked away nice and cozy behind the clothes that I swear I will be able to wear again someday.

Anyway...

Our Easter was really low key this year.  It was a beautiful day.  Scott and I took a motorcycle ride, hunted Easter eggs, and the kids played at the park while Scott and I cooked dinner.  During dinner we talked about what Easter was really about and the discussion turned to pagan holidays.  It was a deep discussion for a table of people ages 7 - 41.  


So even though we did not go to church today God was here with us and my kids know what Easter is really about and about the sacrifice that Jesus gave for us to have the choices we have today.    




(p.s.  this guy drives me nuts sometimes but I kinda like him)

No comments:

Post a Comment