Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's Sunday and Mother Nature Could Be High...

Well it's Sunday, the day of rest.  The funny thing is that I hardly ever actually rest.  I have to really work hard to carve out some time to blog or craft.  For example I planned to spend the day sewing and organizing my little corner of the basement.  

That was my plan...

I didn't get to do that.  I had a baby shower to go to and then my corner of the world was taken over by...


my girls.

Notice how un-organized and un-inspiring my workspace is.  The only thing that is working for me is that the dryer is running and that makes me feel safe.  Yep.  My dryer running makes me feel safe and secure.  I love the smell of the laundry and the soft humming of the dryer.  PLUS it drowns out some of the ruckus in the rest of the house.  
Now you know that I am strange.  
Really strange.  
I don't know why the dryer makes me feel safe.  I can remember living at home and when we had a dryer I felt like everything was going to be ok.  Then we couldn't make the payment and they would take the dryer away.  Back to the laundry mat we would go.  
I hate laundry mats.
So now when I feel like my world is falling apart a little I do some laundry and hang out in the laundry room.  

So anyway...
My girls took over my corner and worked on some decoupage.  They decided to make their names and it ended up pretty cute.  Now I have to figure out how to get them hung up on their walls. E-6000 don't let me down!

As the day ended and everyone began to settle down I was able to snag this picture.  

Michael smiled after the picture so I THINK he was happy chilling with the little munkey.  It gives me hope that our blended family is going to be A-OK.   

No comments:

Post a Comment