Sunday, September 30, 2012

Well we done went and did it....

I am taking a side step from blogging about the munkies to blogging about the wedding...
which is still about the munkies...
man I need to get a life outside the family...
 
 
When I finally said yes to Scott we originally wanted to elope to New Orleans and get married on a street corner with only my bff and her husband to witness.  We broke the news to the kids and this is what we got....
 
"Oh, ok.  That's cool I guess" that looked a lot like this....
 

and this...
 

 
only in human form.
 
Naturally the guilt began to eat away at us and then I got the mom speech, "We want to be there too Amy!  You don't want us there?" 
So....
 
We thought, "OK let's ALL got to NOLA!" 
 
Then our bank account said, "ARE YOU FREAKIN NUTS?!"  Thankfully our bank account is sane because September is HURRICANE SEASON!! 
 
We opted for a simple wedding, surrounded by the people we love.  We held it in our backyard and only spent $996 on the WHOLE THING!!  I am pretty dern proud of myself for that!  Here are some pictures for you to gaze upon...
 

 





 
It was everything we had hoped for and everyone had a wonderful time.  So here's to another 40 years!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment