Sunday, September 2, 2012

All you need is... you get the idea

It was a cold and rainy night... Who am I kidding, it never rains in SW Kansas.  I suppose since this is an introductory post I should find my manners and introduce myself.  
So...
Hi, my name is Amy and I am the female parental unit for 6 kids.  Yes, SIX kids.  I will allow you some time to collect your thoughts...
...
...
...
Ok, now let me tell you how this all came about.  



I was sitting at work one day thinking about how I thought I just might be ready to date again.  The MAIN rule I had was that my 2 chillins would not meet anyone I dated until I was sure that I wanted to make them a permanent fixture in my life.  The longer I sat, the more exhausting the idea of going out and dating became.  I didn't take any further that day.

Then came Teresa

I was over at her house having a glass of wine and mentioned that I might be ready to date again.  Then I went on to tell her that it was simply to exhausting to date, I didn't have time, What if a fat day fell on a date day, blah, blah blah.  Long story short, I left her house with an online profile on pof.com.  (pof = plenty of fish) <---- desperate right?!

Let me tell you that THERE ARE SOME FRICKIN WEIRDOS OUT THERE!  This went on for months and I had reached my quota for dating bullshit, ready to call it quits when I got a message that read, "Is it ok if I text you?  It would be a lot easier to talk".  At this point I thought, "What the hell and agreed."  I texted and eventually talked to this brave soul for about a month before I actually met him.

Yada, yada yada.  We are getting married in 13 days.



4 comments:

  1. This is why my sister is cooler than anyone else's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just saying that because you are scared of me... MUHAHAHA!

      Delete
  2. just learned something new...I never knew how you meet! Congrats again sweet friend. Yes, I am creepin' your blog.

    ReplyDelete