Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Oldest Female Munky


This darling is Brittney. 
She is the youngest of the Baxley 5 and oldest female munky of the Baxley/Ford Bunch.  Now because of where Brittney falls in the birth order of the Baxley 5 she has learned to hold her ground.  I mean come on, the youngest sister in a procession of 4 older brothers...

This girl HAD to have moxy! 
 
She is an 8th grader, a cheerleader, plays volleyball, runs track, and is an honor roll student.  Brittney plays her card close and doesn't always talk about what is bothering her.  Well at least with me she doesn't.  Being a stepmom is sometimes difficult when it comes to girls.  Believe me, I had a stepsister and she was a real witch.  My mom tried and tried but it was of no use.
So I try to tread lightly when it comes to emotional things with her.  I have always made it very clear to the kids that I have no intention of replacing their mom.  That I only want to be family.  It's a fine line when dealing with girls.  After all we are made of 99.5% emotion and .5% logic. 
(Admit it, you know it's true) 
Brittney has never had someone to take the time to do her hair or paint her fingernails.  Not that there is anything wrong with moms who aren't into that, I mean everyone is different but from what I have experienced with her she has wanted it for a long time.  Before I came into the picture she had a little time like that with her grandma and I know that is some of her most precious memories.  I have helped her with her makeup and that was so much fun! (FOR ME!!)  I have always LOVED makeup!!! 
 
 
Brittney loves zebra print, I mean she would have everything in her room zebra print if we would let her.  She isn't afraid to let anyone know when she feels like someone isn't being treated fairly and CRAVES structure.  She is very analytical in her thinking and doesn't always grasp abstract ideas (think Sheldon, Big Bang Theory).  I operate in abstract so I get a lot of "This woman is nuts" looks from her but she is right there beside me on whatever crazy journey I go on.  
 
 
WIERD FACT:
Sometimes Brittney talks so that fast we all swear she is speaking a completely different language. 
 

All in all I think that this beautiful girl and I have a very good relationship.  I am well aware that there will be growing pains along the way but I think that she and I are off to a good start.  I look forward to being a part of her growing into a beautiful young lady and am so proud to call her daughter. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment